OCEAN VIEW SCHOOL DISTRICT CORE VALUES
The Ocean View School District Governing Board, in conjunction with community representatives, parent leaders, faculty, and staff, developed core values listed below to help guide policy development and decision-making throughout the District.
• We believe that each student can learn, will achieve academic success and become a life-long learner.
• We believe in providing educational equity through engaging, rigorous, and relevant Common Core State Standards instruction that meets the unique social, emotional, and linguistic needs of each student.
Culture and Environment
• We believe in promoting and preserving our district-wide family atmosphere of caring and trust among students, families and staff because it is a key aspect of our success.
• We embrace and honor the diversity of backgrounds and assets our students, families and staff bring to the district, and how each is important and contributes to the life-long success of our students.
• We believe in the importance of working together toward common goals, with a sense of teamwork and mutual respect.
• We believe in providing school facilities that are safe, environmentally sustainable and that aesthetically support and promote student learning by using eco-friendly materials and practices throughout the district, and educating students to live an ecologically responsible life as stewards of natural resources.
• We believe in developing the health and wellness of students, families, and staff.
Parents and Community
• We believe in student, family and community involvement by empowering all to be partners in our schools.