The Ocean View School District Governing Board, in conjunction with community representatives, parent leaders, faculty, and staff, developed core values listed below to help guide policy development and decision-making throughout the District.
• We believe that each student can learn, will achieve academic success and become a life-long learner.
• We believe in providing educational equity through engaging, rigorous, and relevant Common Core State Standards instruction that meets the unique social, emotional, and linguistic needs of each student.
Culture and Environment
• We believe in promoting and preserving our district-wide family atmosphere of caring and trust among students, families and staff because it is a key aspect of our success.
• We embrace and honor the diversity of backgrounds and assets our students, families and staff bring to the district, and how each is important and contributes to the life-long success of our students.
• We believe in the importance of working together toward common goals, with a sense of teamwork and mutual respect.
• We believe in providing school facilities that are safe, environmentally sustainable and that aesthetically support and promote student learning by using eco-friendly materials and practices throughout the district, and educating students to live an ecologically responsible life as stewards of natural resources.
• We believe in developing the health and wellness of students, families, and staff.
Parents and Community
• We believe in student, family and community involvement by empowering all to be partners in our schools.
Opportunities for every child
Exceptional, caring staff
Nurturing learning environment
Inspiring life-long learning
Embracing families and community
Where children come first